Friday, July 29, 2011

Ramblings of a busy mom

A friend of mine posted this on her blog and I couldn't help but copy and paste it here...mostly as a reminder to myself. I often times find myself so busy with 'life'...have to get the boys to school, daycare, hockey, soccer, have to get myself to work or a meeting or just finish this proposal. Have to get home, make dinner, clean the bathroom, mow the lawn. I am constantly thinking 18 steps ahead and wondering what's next? Where do I need to be? What do I need to do? I forget to stop and enjoy my life. I forget to stop sweating the little things and enjoy my children, and the beauty that is my life. They are at this moment 9, 8 and 7. When I say that to people they look at me like I have 6 heads and they say "wow, you must be busy! Are you crazy?" Sometimes I feel crazy...when life is whipping by at a million miles an hour...it's days like those that I have to remind myself to stop and enjoy that my boys are 9, 8 and 7 because they will never be these ages again and I will miss this time. This is my reminder...to enjoy where we are right this moment and stop thinking 18 steps ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment